Gus S.
All this talkabout dogs..
Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 12:00

My girl is getting old. This little dog started out as my daughter's, but when she left for school, she ended up being my buddy. If we still lived out in the county she'd have made a great squirrel and rabbit dog, but as close to town as we are I had to just let her get immune to the squirrels. She's 12 years old now and has cataracts and can't hear very well. She's got a bad leg that's locked in the knee from a fight with a school bus. We had a chocolate lab that lived to be 16 that passed away about 4 years ago. That was my wife's dog. They were tight. Peas in a pod. My little dog was pretty depressed when that dog died. So, I got her a kitten. They sleep together most of the day. Its helped her a lot. And,.. I don't hate the cat either. But, I think my little dog's mind is going. She'll wander aimlessly in the house or just stand and stare at the wall. When we go outside she just stands still. But her nose is still in tip top shape. I hide treats for her to find while I'm at work and she find's them every time...
No idea what she is. Beagle/Dachshund/Basset/Something.... Other than that she's sweet as sugar and loves to ride in the truck.

[image]