Gary Reeder
there is a lot more to all that than they mention
Thursday, November 14, 2019, 14:36

They don't mention that S&W owns Thompson Center and if they would get their act together and work with TC more and get the parts back in shape their bottom line would be stronger. I have yet to see a mass shooting with an Encore or G-2. What bothers me is that they say S&W guns will be listed as one business and the accessories as a second business. No mention of Thompson Center. Hopefully they won't do any cut back on TC products or try to cheapen the product.

As far as the Remington situation, as far as I can tell the Freedom Group owns Remington along with 6 or 7 other gun companies. I looked it up on the net and it still shows all the original companies still owned by the Freedom Group. That listing was back in September and I think if there were any big sell out or transfer of ownership we would have heard about it. But by all I can read Remington does not own Bushmaster, who made the AR-15 in question, the Freedom Group owns them. Remington bought out Marlin a couple of years ago and that has been going well with them, despite what a bunch of "experts" are saying on the internet. Marlin's equipment was dozens of years old and worn out when they were bought out by the Freedom Group. The company put in all new equipment and the marlins these days are excellent, again contrary to what the "experts" say. Ownership was shifted to Remington a couple of years ago in what, to me, seems like just a paper shifting. Just like when FN supposedly bought out Winchester. They already owned them along with Browning and the FN guns. So another paper shifting.

But the lawsuit against Remington due to a Bushmaster gun being used in the shooting I really don't understand. All these legal maneuvers just confuse me but I guess that is why I am just a little fish in the market.