WB
What have you been carrying lately? Still searching...
Monday, November 11, 2019, 14:09

I know it's unlikely I'll ever be totally satisfied. But it's fun to play around anyway. This is working well for me. It holds as many rounds as a compact .45 but is about half the size and weight. It's astonishing how small it really is, smaller than a 2" small frame .38 actually. The 147 gr. JHP shoot well from the 3" barrel and are manageable.

[image]

I did not buy the light/laser, it came that way, and the holster was made for the rig, so I left it that way. Works pretty well too. Plenty bright enough to blind someone, and chase armadillos in the yard at night. I'm growing fond of carry guns devoid of extra buttons. Slide release and mag, that's all. Chambering a round every time I carry is rough on ammo. You are supposed to let the slide slap in a round feeding from the mag. I compromise by dropping it in the chamber and smacking the rear of the slide to pop the extractor over the cartridge rim. My gun runs OK like that and the ammo is not roughed up.

I find this is enough of a compromise with size, power, shoot-ability, that I DO actually carry it. Some of my bigger guns I dismissed the threat and left them behind, or dropped a last ditch piece in a pocket and went on. That began to bother me. I think this is a better fit for me. I have many larger "carry" pieces in 9mm, .38,.40 and .45 to carry if I so choose. Sometimes I do. But I figured I needed to get in a habit of actually carrying something real regular. Something more than a last ditch weapon.