WB
On the old 173 gr. KT bullets...
Monday, November 11, 2019, 08:35

Loading in .357 cases I found the need to seat deep and crimp over the front driving band. Not that it hurt anything but it looked sort of funny and that ate at me. Trying to crimp behind it on my guns at least, the bullet nose stuck out the front of the cylinder a bit.

So I just used .38 Special cases, loading magnum charges, and crimping what I called normal. They would not work in any .38 Special that I had since they too stock out the front of the cylinder (in a .38 gun). Seemed self regulating to me and safe.

The 158 gr. version of the same bullet does not have as long a nose and is a non issue. But the 173 gr. seemed to really shoot well. Most of my shooting in .357 was with Dan Wesson, Ruger BH, and Colt Trooper, Pythons. I pined for my buddy's M27 8-3/8". He paid $325 for it in the little wooden box. I actually preferred shooting it much more over the Python, an absolute sacrilege for a Colt fancier. In fact the Dan Wesson was my personal favorite shooter. Of course the Python was like a rifle, but I expected that of it.